Basic and Advanced SPC Training Description
This course has two components: a two and 1/2 day basic overview and a two and 1/2 day advanced topics. The basic course deals with such standard tools as histograms, Xbar and R charts, process capability studies and sampling plans. The advanced topics deals with statistical process control in automated industries: Key variable identification, regression, correlation, principal components, autocorrelation, discriminant analysis and evolutionary operation (EVOP). The course will cover the basic concepts of statistical analysis and their application to practical problems in process control.
- Review of basic SPC tools and advanced tools important to your type of industry
- Introduction to Control Charts
- Correlation and Regression, Acceptance Sampling
- Multiple Variables and Key Variable Identification
- Autocorrelation and Time Series Modeling
- Case studies used throughout discussions
Who Should Attend: Quality Engineers, Process Engineers, Plant Managers, Operators or anyone looking to gain a better understanding of SPC.
Day 1 - Basics
- The Need for Statistical Process Control: Costs; Benefits
- Descriptive Statistics: Data Types; Histogram; Frequency Curves and Tables; Normal Curve
- Characteristics of Frequency Curves: Center-Mean, Median, Mode; Width-Range, Standard Deviation, variance; Areas under Normal Curve-Estimating Percent Meeting Specifications; Other Characteristics-Skewness, Kurtosis-Excess; Pareto Charts
- Process Stability: Mean Square Successive Difference; Run Test
- Process Performance (Capability) Measures: Cn, Cp, CpU, CpK, Cpm, Cr
- Sampling Distributions: Averages; Variances
Day 2 - Basics
- Introduction to Control Charts: Xbar and Range; Xbar and sigma
- Risks of Control Charts: Operating Characteristic Curve; Average Run Length; Multiple Rules/Risks
- Control Charts for Batch Data: X and Moving Range; Moving Averages; CuSum; EWMA
- Rational Subgroups: Size Considerations; Rationality Checks; Concept of "Level of Control"
Day 3 - Basics
- Attribute Data: Defectives and Defects
- Control Charts for Attribute Data: p, np, c,u
- Acceptance Sampling Plans: Attribute Plans; Risks; OC Curve; Power Curve; AOQ; Variable Plans
- Size Calculations Sample
Day 3 - Advanced
- Two Related Variables: Simple Correlation; Measures of Success; T-square Charts; Analyzing T-square Chart Results
Day 4 - Advanced
- Identifying Key Variables
- Multiple Correlation and Regression
- Principal Components
- Multivariate Performance Measures: Crm
- Analysis of Variance
- Discriminant Analysis
Day 5 - Advanced
- Process Control and Statistical Process Control
- Effect of Autocorrelation on Shewhart Charts
- Time Series Modeling
- Autoregressive and integrated Moving Average (ARIMA) Models
Course Schedule: Course sessions are held from 8:30 to 4:30. Doors open at 8:00 am for a continental breakfast. Lunch will be provided.
Team Discounts: Groups of three or more from the same organization, registering at the same time are entitled to a 10% discount. Groups larger than eight? Ask about on-site training.
Substitutions and Cancellations: You may make substitutions at any time; please notify us as soon as possible. If you cancel in writing more than one week prior to the course, a 10% service fee will be charged. Registered delegates who do not attend or who cancel less than one week prior to the course are liable for the entire fee. If the course is not held for any reason, Stochos liability is limited to the course fee only.
Continuing Education Units: Continuing Education Units will be awarded upon your request after successful completion of the seminar. Please call Stochos at (518) 895-2896 to request your CEU certificate.
Interested in our Basic and Advanced SPC training? Contact us.